Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"Mom I want a doughnut"

I'm beginning to think the doughnut obsession runs in my genes. After dropping the girls of at school I ask my son what he want's to do to which he replies, "I want a doughnut!" Sigh... So remembering the Epic Fail from yesterday I take him to get a Mighty O. If you have no idea what that is well my friend let me enlighten you.

Mighty O is a vegan doughnut shop. (Yes, I said the V word.) Although the actual Mighty O doughnut mecca in Greenlake is quite a ways away during AM traffic, I take him to our local, overpriced, I-can't-wait-'till-I'm-rich-enough-to-shop-here organic store to get a Mighty O.  Let me explain something about these beauties-my favorite in particular. It's like having your own personal round bit of moist chocolate cake, but dense enough so you don't get crumbs all over covered in a tangy raspberry glaze. I was envisioning devouring each morsel by the time I got from the self-checkout to the beast. But alas, fate can be cruel and there were no chocolate raspberry doughnuts but only cocoanut chocolate or chocolate glazed. Feeling dejected, I followed my sons example and snagged the chocolate squared piece of heaven.

So that along with a large diet coke light ice from McD's was my breakfast. I had every intention of eating a high protein fiber breakfast but I kinda hoarked out on leftover roasted potatoes and cow roast last night at 0100 since I didn't get home till 2330 and Campbells soup just doesn't tie this girl over. It is now 2216 and I am happy to report I haven't had one drop of Mt Dew, AND I biked 4 minutes (okay 2 minutes but it was uphill) to my neighbors to try and figure out our Girl Scout troop finances. And yes, we are selling cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment