Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Gem State killed my bike

Not wanting this mornings posts to go to waste I dusted off my helmet, layered up, tucked one leg into my futbol socks, go to pull my bike down from the garage only to find... a flat.  Irritation immediately sets in. After closer inspection I discover a bur-like thing stuck between two treads of the back tire.  Sigh.

Back in August, I invested in a bike rack for the beast so we could take advantage of the completely FLAT terrain of South Central Idaho. As fun as it was never to shift gears or do the butt-in-the-air pump, it came with a price. Five, yes FIVE flat tires on 3 different bikes. The girls had them in both front and back tires which was understandable as they were riding in the dirt field across from my parents house. But me? All I did was get up early and ride along the Snake River Canyon (which is pretty flippin' cool if you get the chance-cow smell aside and all). Needless to say I am now an experienced tube changer.

But hey, now I am really experienced and feel much better that I forced myself to get out for a whopping 45 minutes no less. For the record, the only Mt. Dew I've had today was the smallest fountain size (it was much harder to get than I expected) and I've actually had a couple glasses of water which for me is a milestone, albeit a small one.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, way to go! I hate getting derailed when I'm setting out to start a workout (which is where I'm headed after checking my email).

    ReplyDelete