Saturday, January 15, 2011

Another one?

Yes another one.  I've had so many blogs in the past. One for personal, one for rants, one for vegan recipes (only 2 posts- record number there), and yes even one for weight loss. My intent was to have weekly weigh ins, calculate calories, record what I ate etc but lets face it. I'm too busy for all that. I'm a working nurse with four children, the youngest who is special needs, and in the process of relocating to another state to boot. When I say I'm busy, I'm actually busy. My downtime consists of 10 minutes to check out facebook before I pass out when I get home from work around midnight only to get up at 0700 the next morning to get my middle schooler off to school. If I don't work, I'm having a very reluctant affair with something named dirty laundry.

I hope you wont misconstrue what I'm saying as an I-wish-I-had-no-kids-so-I-had-all-the-time-in-the-world-to-work-out rant. No. I've never been a workoutaholic. I played sports as a teenager, I didn't have a car and bussed/walked it all over Seattle in my late teens/early twenties, and now... well, now I'm in my early thirties and an appetite for the finer, sweeter, greasier, things of life is quickly overpowering my metabolism, not-to-mention, my lack of free time doesn't help. I hope to convey the message of "If she can get healthier, I can."

I'm going to be realistic. I'm not going to starve myself in a futile attempt to get back to the 130 I was in high school.  In fact, I'm not even going to weigh myself. I hate weighing myself. I'm going to try and find an approach that's reachable and that wont drive me crazy. Food has become my addiction. No one can deny the instant gratification I find, ripping my teeth into a still hot loaf of French bread on the way home from the store or the  unique blend of greasy curly fries and ranch dressing. If you're familiar at all with narcotics anonymous you'll know the saying "One Day At A Time" which is what I'll have to do, take it all one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment